Forward Sioux Falls helped establish the International Trade Center at the Sioux Falls Regional Airport, the state´s only port of entry. We will continue to promote use of the Port of Entry by Sioux Falls and South Dakota businesses. In this world economy, it is important that we work to assist South Dakota companies in marketing their products globally.
We partner with the South Dakota Small Business Development Center, the Governor´s Office of Economic Development (GOED) and the U.S. Small Business Administration to inform, educate and support regional businesses in exporting their products internationally.
• Continue efforts of the Air Service Committee to market the Sioux Falls Regional Airport and continued improvements at Joe Foss Field in conjunction with the Sioux Falls Airport Authority
• Attract airlines and destinations to FSD
Partner with the South Dakota Small Business Development Center and U.S. Department of Commerce Bureau of Industry & Security to enhance use of the FSD International Port of Entry to import and export goods in the region
• Maintain or increase level of commercial air service at FSD
• Increase use of Port of Entry at FSD
• Increase passenger enplanements out of FSD
• Reduce leakage to other airports
• The South Dakota International Trade Center also funded by the South Dakota Small Business Development Center